Fort Worth, TX Family Law Attorneys

Child Support

Call Now: (817) 332-4477

Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex Child Support Review, Modification & Enforcement Lawyers

Child Support Overview

Child support is one of the issues to be resolved in a divorcechild custody or paternity case.  You will either be ordered to pay child support or receive child support.  Supporting your child financially is one of the obligations imposed upon a parent.  The non-custodial parent is ordered to pay child support to the custodial parent.  Courts do not have wide discretion in determining the amount of child support to order because the Court must follow the Texas statutory formula.  The attorneys at Turner-Monahan, PLLC will work diligently for you to ensure your child is properly taken care of.  

Determining Child Support Payments

In Texas, there is a statutory formula from which child support payments are calculated.  The formula takes into account the gross earnings of the obligor parent, the number of children before the court, the number of other children the obligor parent is ordered to pay child support for, and the amount of health insurance paid by the obligor parent.  The amount determined by this calculation will be the amount that the non-custodial parent is required to pay, unless some other amount is agreed to by both parties.    

Modifying Child Support 

Once a child support order has been rendered, you may only modify the child support obligations under certain circumstances.  If it has been at least three years since the date of the divorce decree or suit affecting the parent-child relationship was signed, you are entitled to a review and modification of the child support order.  If it has been less than three years since your order was signed, there must be a material and substantial change in circumstances in order to modify your child support.  Call us today to determine if you are entitled to a modification of your child support payments.  

Enforcement of Child Support

Enforcing child support is one of the major issues in the years following a divorce or child custody case.  If one of the parents is not paying, or cannot pay their child support obligation, the other parent has legal remedies.  We are dedicated to fighting for your rights and ensuring your child is getting the support he/she deserves.  

The attorneys at Turner-Monahan, PLLC have extensive experience in the areas of child support, child support modification and child support enforcement.  Call us today to speak to an attorney about your rights regarding child support at  817-558-7000 or send us an email.

Call 817-332-4477 or Email Today.